Will Smith reveals Jada didn't warn him about boycotting the Oscars

Jada Pinkett Smith made headlines around the world by posting a video detailing her decision to boycott the Oscars.

But her husband Will Smith has revealed that he did not know about Jada's stance beforehand - and only learnt that he would not be attending the Academy Awards when questioned by the media.

'I was out of the country when she made the video,' the actor explained on BBC Radio 1's Breakfast Show on Tuesday.

'I was in Thailand. And I get off of the plane and you know, the paparazzi [were like], "Will, Will, you're not going to the Oscars! What do you think about Jada's video?" 

Scroll down for video 

'I had no idea!' Will Smith revealed that wife Jada didn't warn him before announcing that they would boycott the Oscars [file picture from last month's Golden Globes]

'I had no idea!' Will Smith revealed that wife Jada didn't warn him before announcing that they would boycott the Oscars [file picture from last month's Golden Globes]

'"Um, I think, give me a second, let me call-" I had no idea. I had no idea and I'm like, "Babe, you gotta give a fellow a little heads up, you know? Just a lil something, just, "Hey babe, you know, hit me before you walk out of the airport." You know, give me, give me something."'

'I got in the car and Googled and watched the video,' he added. 'I was like, "Honey, is there anything you need to tell me?" She said, "Oh, I didn't want to bother you on vacation."

'"Uh, you did. You really did."'

Will also clarified that the decision to boycott the Oscars was not about whether he personally received a nomination.

'This is an issue of a really regressive trend, not just in Hollywood but in my country,' he said. 

'It’s not about me or being nominated.'

See more of the latest news on the Oscars 2016 race row and celebrity boycott  

"I was in Thailand!' will learnt the news from the media at the airport [seen last week at LAX]

"I was in Thailand!' will learnt the news from the media at the airport [seen last week at LAX]

Many people expected Will to pick up a lead actor nomination for his role in Concussion.

The film documents the struggle of Nigerian forensic pathologist Dr Bennet Omalu against America's National Football League.

Jada announced her decision to boycott the ceremony with a video on Facebook urging people not to go.

Her call to action was also picked up by other prominent figures including David Oyelowo, Idris Elba and Whoopi Goldberg, who publicly criticized the Academy for failing to include minorities in this year’s list of nominees.

 

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét