Dascha Polanco goes without underwear on the red carpet and loves to embrace her curves

She doesn't fit the mould of a typical Hollywood starlet. 

But Orange Is the New Black star Dascha Polanco embraces her curves, despite some designers refusing to dress her for the red carpet.

The 33-year-old told RollingOut that she's happy to break down barriers and do things her own way - and that includes feeling sexy by going 'commando'.

Cheeky: Dascha Polanco told RollingOut on Wednesday that she's embracing her curves and sometimes goes 'commando' on the red carpet

Cheeky: Dascha Polanco told RollingOut on Wednesday that she's embracing her curves and sometimes goes 'commando' on the red carpet

The star - who also plays the best friend of Jennifer Lawrence's titular character Joy in the new movie - explained that she feels comfortable with her voluptuous figure. 

She told them: 'I'm secure in myself.' And she shrugged off any criticism, saying: 'People have opinions. For many I can be fat, but for many I can be voluptuous, for many I could be a nice chicken thigh to steak to filet mignon. To each his own.'

The mother-of-three landed her first full time acting job on the Netflix drama when she was 30, and is setting about breaking down the body-shamers. 

Stunning: The star - who plays Dayanara Diaz - said she steers clear from all-black outfits that stylists bring her to choose from and prefers to wear white (pictured last month)

Stunning: The star - who plays Dayanara Diaz - said she steers clear from all-black outfits that stylists bring her to choose from and prefers to wear white (pictured last month)

The Dominican Republic-born star continued: 'I'm definitely breaking the mold - I'm not a size zero, I'm still looking good as a size 8 (UK size 12 to 14).  Growing up I never knew I couldn't fit into a size zero - culturally I was the right type, right?

'But once you come to America and you see what the standard is in the media, well that's when you start questioning: "Well, am I the same as every body else, is this acceptable?"'

And she explained that some designers refused to dress her because of her fuller figure. 

'There's a lot of brands that don't want to dress me because I'm not sample size...but it just goes to show I have a decision as well - I don't have to dress with your clothing. It's not me waiting for you to dress me now...I choose who I want to be dressed by. 

'Times are changing and little by little the barriers will be broken, it's a process and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way'.

Embracing her curves: The star - who plays Dayanara Diaz - regularly rocks the red-carpet despite saying some designers won't dress her because she isn't sample size

Embracing her curves: The star - who plays Dayanara Diaz - regularly rocks the red-carpet despite saying some designers won't dress her because she isn't sample size

The star - who plays Dayanara Diaz - regularly rocks the red-carpet and said she steers clear from all-black outfits that stylists often bring her.

She told RollingOut: 'I used to hate that when I get the rack and it's all black and really stretchy, loose.

'I'm like, "Honey, listen...I can't...I need some colour...I like white, white is my colour" - it's supposed to make you look bigger but on me it looks fantastic.'

She explained that she shakes up her style on the red carpet and has been known to go without her underwear in public: 'Sometimes I like to not wear anything underneath and go commando all the way and I'm OK with that.' 

Prison drama: The mother-of-three landed her first full time acting job on the Netflix drama when she was 30, and is setting about breaking down the body-shamers

Prison drama: The mother-of-three landed her first full time acting job on the Netflix drama when she was 30, and is setting about breaking down the body-shamers

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét