Flames' Wideman suspended 20 games for hitting linesman: report

Calgary Flames defenceman Dennis Wideman has been suspended 20 games by the NHL, after hitting linesman Don Henderson from behind during a game on Jan. 27.

Wideman had been suspended indefinitely by the league ahead of Tuesday afternoon's disciplinary hearing in Toronto.

In the second period of a game against the Nashville Predators, Wideman was skating toward the Flames' bench when he cross-checked Henderson, who had his back to the defenceman.

Moments earlier, Wideman had taken a hit from the Predators' Miikka Salomaki.

It wasn't clear if Wideman intentionally hit the linesman, who was reportedly in attendance for Tuesday's hearing, and Wideman did not receive a penalty.

At the next stoppage, Wideman skated over to where the officials were gathered and apologized.

"I took a pretty hard hit down in the corner and had some pretty good pain in my shoulder and my neck and I was just trying to get off the ice and I was kind of keeled over and at the last second, I looked up and I saw him and I couldn't avoid it," Wideman said after the game.

Wideman, 32, is in his 11th NHL season and fourth with the Flames. He has two goals, 19 points and 30 penalty minutes this season.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét