Bret (Hitman) Hart, pro wrestling legend, reveals he has cancer

Bret Hart wrestler WWE Ottawa July 8 2014 newsroom

Calgary-born former pro wrestler Bret Hart says he is fighting prostate cancer and will undergo surgery shortly. (CBC)

Bret (Hitman) Hart was used to winning battles in the wrestling ring; now the Calgary-born Hart is looking to successfully battle a different foe — prostate cancer.

The 58-year-old former professional wrestler is a member of the famous Hart wrestling dynasty. He says on his website that he "will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already."

Hart started with his father Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling, and wrestled for two decades.

His website says his career ended with a careless kick to the head during a pay-per-view match that caused a severe concussion and then a major stroke.

Hart also says that in recent years, "I've had two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist."

Hart says he will have surgery in the next few days, and " I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying."

Hart also says he hopes to become a spokesman for prostate cancer.

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét